Monday, July 25, 2011

US Consulate!!

Today, we took the "Oath of Citizenship" today for Delaney.  She will become a US citizen when we touch down in Chicago on Wednesday and go through immigration.  Tomorrow...we get her visa to travel, our red couch picture...and leave our group....Our group consisted of only 3 families but I think we all agreed this kind of trip bonds a family.  We are hoping to have yearly reunions like we do with Bella's travel mates.
 
We leave Guangzhou tomorrow at 4:45 pm and we take a train to Hong Kong.  We have loved our time in China but are very ready to get home and just start living again as a family.  We both miss Bella terribly.  I miss my house and my having access to clean drinking water from my sink verses always having to get it out of a plastic bottle.  I miss getting in my car and following the rules of the road and will not miss fearing for my life everytime I cross the street.
 
I miss all the comforts of home and I miss my family!!
 
I heard there will be quite a group at the airport.  We can't wait to see everyone there!!! 
 
Just a reminder....Delaney is a very shy child....but once she warms up to you she is a hoot.  She has a great smile and an infectious laugh.  Be warned.....she is going to steal your heart!!!
 
Can't wait to be home and see everyone soon!
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you all and can't wait to hug all that cuteness you have with you!!!! can't wait to see you
-aunt kristie

Anonymous said...

We are ready for you three to come home and miss you also. two more days and we will have you home again. Bella misses you both alot and will be happy to see you again.Hurry home and be safe. I can't wait to see our Laney.love,nanie

Jennifer said...

Down to approximately 31 hours til touchdown and we get to see you all! Hope your last few hours in China are special! Praying for a safe return!

 
design by suckmylolly.com