| So have you heard about the newest exibition at the Beijing Zoo? It is a couple of Americans with a Chinese baby! Who knew we would draw so much attention? We soo know how Angelina and Brad feel. I couldn't believe how many pictures were taken of us.....who knew we were so int!eresting! lol When we looked out the window this morning it was raining. Who really wants to go to the zoo when it is raining? But, our guide was not about to let little rain get in the way of her workday so we went anyway to the zoo. Luckly, just as we pulled up to the zoo the rain quit. So we got to go see the panda's. Sorry Bella....daddy didn't get you a real baby panda like you asked!!! lol We next went to the Lama Temple. It was really interesting to go and see the "praying" habits of the buddist. I took a religion course in college and it was neat to see that I did learn something from the course....and our guide was a practicing buddist and it was interesting to hear her talk about her religion. Finally...we spent the afternoon at the hotel. We are exhausted and have to get our bags packed once again. We leave Beijing tomorrow and head onto Guangzhou. We are ready to get to a familiar location. And on the Delaney front...she had another melt down today. She was tired and it is to be expected, but it is still hard. Also, we are not sure but it sure sounded like she said "Dad" and "Got it" a few minutes ago. She is sitting here reading a map that the hotel provided us of "things to do in Beijing". Delaney really is a lovely child. She is walking now all over the room without assistance. She is wobbly....but considering 4 days ago she was taking 1 or 2 steps and is now walking almost the distance of a hotel room.....I think that is pretty amazing. Oh, and did I mention she loves mirrors????? She just walked across the room to the full lenghth mirror and is now just looking at herself. She is now headed to the bathroom......I predict by the time we get home she will be running around keeping up with Bella just fine. One more thing before I end this.....I always use to get mad when my mom would call me "mikemarekris".....guess who has been called Bella atleast twice today. Poor Bella...is getting in trouble in China and she isn't even here......Poor Delaney who is going to think her name is Bell-aney. Here are the pics from today...enjoy.....(Update: Our pics are taking forever to upload tonight so I am going to post this without pics. ) Hopefully they will be uploaded before too long.... |
2 comments:
Glad that the rain stopped just as you got to the zoo and that you did get out of the hotel for a while...just checked out the pics and they are so good and also enjoyed the videos. Get some sleep and hope your next move goes well...Give Delaney a BIG HUG aand KISS from Me...Love you all....Been giving Bella lots of hugs for you.Delaney and Bella's Memere
Marekrismike,
Ah now you know what it's like to have your thoughts go through the child roll call..love the pics..keep sending them..hurry home love to the three of you, love nanie
Post a Comment