Monday, July 18, 2011

Gotcha Day!!!!

 
Okay...so I took like 145 pictures put it would take forever to upload all of those and for some reason our adopter to the computer won't work in this room.
 
Delaney is amazing!!!!  She is very quiet like the paperwork said.  She is teeny-tiny.  Aunt Kris will need to go shopping and buy me some #2 diapers(and I hope those fit her!!).  The #3's are swimming on her.  But, we have had her like 4 hours and she has also ate 1 bottle of formula, 1 bottle of water, cheese nips, puffs, and of course, the crust off our pizza hut cheese pizza!!!  :)  She is almost an American after all??
 
Here is what I know so far.....she has cryed a little, but is also now laughing.  We got some smiles within a couple of hours of her being with us.  She is very serious and likes to see what is going on around her.....but she was also letting me try and wrangle the bottle out of her mouth while she was holding it with her teeth and laughing her head off!!!  She definitely has a great sense of humor.  I think we have used the term "goofball" at least 10 times already today.  Just wait for this one to come home.
 
Oh, and she likes mirrors...she loves looking at her reflection...sound familiar???
 
She has really good use of her hands.  She is missing the top of the two middle fingers of her right hand....and her left is fused together.  She will definitely need to have surgery to correct it.....but right now, it doesn't seem to hinder her in doing anything.  She has really, really bad masquito bites on her legs.  Those seem to be bothering her more than her hands.
 
Oh, did I mention she is walking???  She still needs some assistance but can definitely take several steps at a time!!!
 
I will try and post more of the pictures from today once I figure out how to plug in my computer.  We are doing great so far!!!  Some fussing not too much....but it makes me hopeful that she seems to be giving us genuine smiles.
 
Gotcha Day happened really fast...we were sitting in the orphanage Mike was signing the papers and in walks LiLi and her care giver!!!  Then I had to sign!!!  Yeah right?  How am I suppose to sign papers with all that cuteness in the room???  I have never signed papers so fast in my life!!!  I think our Gotcha Day was super fast....probably lasted 20 minutes...and they shoed us out the door.  Apparentlly, 3 other families picked up kids along with us picking up Delaney. 
 
For those families that asked if I could get pictures of their kids....they didn't allow us anywhere near the baby room.  I am so sorry...but can tell you this...the orphanage looks really clean and is very pretty inside.  Delaney looks very well taken care of (minus the masquito bites).  It was very obvious that her care giver loved her very much.
 
I will write more later.....But....Yipee.....WE HAVE OUR DELANEY!!!!!!!!!
 
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I write this tears are streaming down myface for your easy adjustment with Laney.She is beautiful and I can't wait to hold her and give her lots of kisses and hugs..I am os proud of you and Mike..love you so much.
was so happy to see you were on skype and to see Delaney..she is so beautiful and calm..Bella is going to love having her new sister.

Anonymous said...

She is precious!!! congrats on becoming parents again. Bella is going to love her new little sister :) -aunt Kris

Chris said...

Just saw pics of Laney.....such a cutie! Your descriptions of her remind me alot of Caroline at that stage. She also wore size 2 diapers at that time at 21-months. So happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Sounds like things are going great!!! Looks like an adorable bundle of happiness can't wait to meet her next week. Love Aunt Annie

Anonymous said...

Bella and I loved seeing the three of you. Congrats .Bella was talking about Delaney laughing and walking....We love her little sister....Can't wait to hug you all.

Jennifer said...

I'm all smiles!!! She is beautiful and so precious! Can't wait to relive these moments with you when we're finally able to get together again for our playdates. Your blog posts are amazing and so full of detail. Thanks...and keep the coming!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com