| Yesterday was a whirl wind but I have got to hand it to Delaney.....She handled it like a champ. We had a few melt downs....but honestly I was ready to melt down too at some points. We had to get up early to do the stuff to finish the adoption: take our orphanage donation to the orphanage, go to the Civil Affairs office to finalize the adoption (more about this one in a minute), go to the place to get passport photos, and then go to the notary office to finalize everything. Doesn't sound like a lot.....but none of these places is in the same part of town! So between each office we spent 15 minutes to an hour in a cab in the middle of a city with 10 million people who don't use their turn signals and I am pretty sure their philosophy is "survival of the fittest". The Chinese would have a fit if they came to my house and I started making them use the manners we are teaching Bella about being patient!!! lol So we got back to the hotel about 3 pm FINALLY and of course, I really wanted to go to the Drum Tower Market. I wantedt to get some of those figurines that Tianjin is know for....so we left yet again in a taxis for the Drum Market. I can say...we did get our figurines but the market was neat with furniture and art work...but I couldn't take advantage of either. Mike said he would not let me have his seat on the plane to bring home a really neat shelf! After we got back from the Drum Tower Market, we needed supplies (mainly diapers and formula....I forgot how much babies eat!!) and went over to the Carrafore to get supplies. The Carrafore is sort of like a Wal-Mart but I honestly didn't think it was as good. We did get formula....diapers,,,,wipes....water....coke zero...and some noodles in a dish that you add hot water to for a quick lunch or dinner. During our day at all the Chinese offices it was kind of neat....we met 2 other couples who kids were also at Tianjin orphanage with Delaney. The two little girls are 7 and 2. Now....for the really serious stuff... I have told you how teeny-tiny Delaney is. We put a 9 month outfit on her yesterday. It is way to big. We actually had to safety pin the little bloomers so that they won't fall off her. When she was sleeping yesterday morning, I went over to the crib and she was all sprawled out. She looked like one of those lil' kids you see on the commercials for Children's International where they want you to "help feed the kids". It is the saddest thing I have ever seen. One of the other family's who is here adopting there little girl is here also. Their little girl is 7 but is the size of Bella height wise and looks just like Delaney weight wise......it's like they have skin and bone...but no muscel tone. And another thing which I have noticed...these two kids don't talk much. It is weird being with a baby that doesn't really babble. She can....we have heard her a couple of times....She also has a silent laugh....now, we have heard a few belly laughs...but it is almost like they have shushed her so much that she just doesn't is afraid to laugh out loud. But, don't worry...she will learn. Now for the good developments!!! When we picked her up yesterday she was only taking a couple of steps....she walked last evening all across the hotel room. Yes, she has lots of falls and tumbles but she is doing so well!!! She is also a very loving child. She loves to be cuddled....she also loves her momma. Momma got to hold her all Thur the Drum Market yesterday because she would thru a hissy-fit when ever daddy would take her. Okay, I admit it....after Bella not coming to me for almost 9 days....I am loving the attention she is giving me!! She is freely looking me in the eyes....is crying and fussy when she wants her bottle....is now walking around more than ever....and is going to steal your heart when you finally meet her. Well, I am going to try and upload some more pictures for you....oh, one more very important thing I forgot to write about yesterday day.....we got 2 poopy diapers!!!!! I know really gross to talk about but in the adoption community when a child finally has a dirty diaper it really means the child has finally accepted his family and is moving forward with attaching.......We had 2!!!! Pics of the last few days!! |
3 comments:
So glad to hear Laney is adapting so well to you both..I know it was hard last time. I love when she smiles and laughs.I can't wait to hold her and give her kisses. It's so great we get to skype so much..Hurry home and we miss and love you..nanie
she is such a sweet little baby!!! - aunt Kris
Laney will progress by leaps and bounds each day. She is such a sweety. So glad that you are bonding so well! Can't wait to see you all!
Post a Comment