Friday, July 22, 2011

Farwell Beijing!!

Today is our final day in Beijing.  While we had fun in the city....we have discovered we are small town people and a town of 22 million is just a little too crowded for us!!!
 
We are now headed to Guangzhou to finish the rest of the adoption on the American side...our flight leaves Beijing at 3-something today....and it takes us 3 hours to get to Guangzhou via air.  As we have been telling our family....China is BIG!
 
Once in Guangzhou, Delaney gets a medical  physical.....and then we move on to the American Consulate where we will take the Oath of American Citizenship for her.  Once landing in Chicago, and go thru immigration, she will become an American.....with all the rights and privileges afforded to her.
 
Our driver in Tianjin asked us if we would adopt him so he could become an American citizen.  While we laughed at his joke.....somehow I think he would have jumped if given a chance at a life in America.
 
If given the choice to stay in China and be a Chinese National.....or go to America.....I pick America....if nothing else I am tired of always having to use bottle water and not being able to get a good salad!!!
 
Farwell Beijing!!!!!  Hello Guangzhou!!!!
 

3 comments:

Chris said...

Since we spent 2 weeks in Guangzhou, I have fond memories of it...except for the 97 degree temperatures. Laney looks stronger in each picture/video that you send. Have a great few days in Guangzhou and we'll see you soon!

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to see you in a few days! Less than a week to go and we are counting down. Hope you enjoy your time in Guangzhou!

Anonymous said...

We all can't wait till you get to come home also. We are having food for you both to eat when you get home.Laney is so beautiful and I can't wait to hold my new granddaughter...love u nanie

 
design by suckmylolly.com