
Bella was having some major sleep issues. Well, actually, she was sleeping just fine, but was sleeping on top of mom or dad's chest. This meant for the most part we were taking shifts with her sleeping on top of us--so mom and dad are really the one's having the sleep issues.
I know that the majority of our problem was that we were just all suffering from jet lag and trip exhaustion, and just haven't got back to a schedule that will work for all of us.
So yesterday, we conconcted a plan to wake Bella up early around 7 am and only let her take one nap so hopefully she would sleep through the night without us having to hold her continuly. Well, our plan worked for the most part. She slept through the night and only really woke up one time and is still asleep as I write this post this morning.
Our only hickup during the night was I think we let Bella take too much of her bottle and she proceded to throw up all over our bed. Yes, Bella is currently not sleeping in her pretty baby bed but sleeping with mom and dad in their bed. Another thing I said I would not let my child do when I became a parent!!
Anyway, so Bella threw up all over our bed. Mike and I went into action at 3 am who knew this was even possible??!! Mike whisked her to the bathtub to give her a bath to clean her up. I stripped the bed and Fabrized the heck out of the mattress. He brought her back to bed all clean smelling and I rubbed baby lotion all over little body and then Bella proceeded to play on our bed for a good half hour before falling back asleep. Her little smile was so bright and her laugh so infectious, but most of all it is her continuous touching of us that brings tears to my eyes.
I am so humbled that my baby has only known us for 2 weeks and 1 day and yet, has so much trust for us already. It shows what a truly amazing little person our daughter is. It amazes me after all she has been through in her little life...she still has the ability to trust. What an amazing gift God has bestowed upon us... for so many years I questioned why we were never bestowed a child and now I know without a doubt it was because Bella was meant to be our daughter!
And now for something less heavy....here is some video I took in her high chair... how cute is she????

5 comments:
Sounds like your baby slept better than mine. Barking attack at 3 am again. Maybe he is feeling simpathy pains for Dong Dong. Who knows?? I ended up putting him in his cage; he barked for 30 minutes so back in the bed he went. He was out like a light!!!!
Heaven help me.
Kris
All of our "good intentions" of parenthood, prior to parenthood, seem to go out the window with parenthood. :-) You just do what's right for you and your baby and try not to feel guilty for it. I love the smiles and the squeals. Makes my heart melt.
Raychael
Glad Bella is settling in well and welcome home! Congratulations Bella on your citizenship - now don't go out there and rob a bank OK?
Maryann,
We have been following your blog updates faithfully. Michael and I are so happy for you. The kids love hearing what's going on with Baby Bella. We are anxious to see her. I hope you keep posting pictures and updates. The first thing I do after checking my inbox is to check your bella blog. Hope to see you guys soon.
Pam Perry
I have to tell everyone that this is the most amazing babygirl that was born.
She loves everyone but loves her momma and pappa the most. She does not let them out of her sight. She loves cosmo and pulls his hair and he just sits there while she does it.
Aunts, Uncles, cousins and grandpas and grandmas and strangers were fasinated over the labor day weekend. Bella was a hit with the kids and adults. What a great family we have.
She has grown so much already...so sad I would like her to stay a baby longer.....but we know they grow up....I love watching her mamma and pappa with her and the love that raditates around them.
Auntie Kristie has her spoiled with her love.
That's what love can do....I love my Bella Boo so much....nanna
Ps. can't wait till memere gets here......
Post a Comment