Monday, August 18, 2008

Sorry for the delays!

Yesterday was a very tiring and hard day. We went to GuiGang City (pronounced Goo-gand) to see Bella's finding location. We had a total of 6 finding spots to find for all of the girls. We spent a total of 12 hours on a bus. The drive to GuiGang was 2.5 hours there and back and the rest was trying to find the finding locations of the girls...


I know Mike and I have decided that we weren't to tell anyone about Bella's finding spot and we were to keep it a secret, but I think it is important for our family to know a little bit to help understand her past. This tree has significant meaning in my baby's life.





Let me just say.....by the time we left the finding location both Mike and I were in tears. This is the hardest thing as a couple that we have ever had to do. I decided on occassions like this I don't like being the grown up. We decided it is a good thing the orphanage does not allow visits from Adoptive Families. We definitely would not be able to handle it.

We are both just thankful our baby girl has a set of lungs on her like you won't believe and I am sure she was found quickly. I don't know if I will every be able to get that area out of my head. Mike and I both realize it was in God's plan for Bella to be left where she was or she would not have ended up with us, but I also realize the pain and agony her biological mother and father must have went through. And without their pain, we would not have Bella. I am thankful to them every day!!!!

One thing we have learned during our time here in China is how much children are loved. It is very evident when out and about. I will pray every night that Bella's biological parents will have peace in their hearts over their decision. I can't imagine ever making that kind of decision.
And now for much happier news.....

Look who is coming to momma...chasing her down when she is in the bathroom....yep, my baby girl is attaching to me finally!!!!!!!!! This picture is from a play area in a near by mall that we walked to. We had a play date for all the kids in our group. It was a blast and daddy got a much needed break.
Tomorrow, we head off on an airplane to Guangzhou. We are looking forward to being able to do some major shopping and buy lots and lots of squeeky shoes for my little darlin'. We got her Chinese passport tonight for her first flight and we will see a doctor tomorrow for her physical. She has a small rash on her face and we are going to ask the doctor about it and see about getting some cream for it. But, overall our little darlin' is as healthy as ever. Oh, and I got the disposible cameras back and also the video camera I sent in the care package. We got footage of Bella with her foster mother( I hope) and some other lady. I can't wait to have it translated!!!!!!!

But, before I sign off I thought I would leave you with this video.....




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mare,Mike, Bella,
I'm so glad you told us about the tree. Bella is our "pillar of strength" as we will be hers.
Bella is so darn cute. Time is moving toooo slowly here and we are ready for you to come home.
The kids are all looking forward to seeing all of you soon. We missed you yesterday....we were talking about your return and the kids made some fantasitc welcome home signs.
You all are loved. mom

Anonymous said...

Mare and Mike,
I was so distraught yesterday without my update. Thanks for posting today even though you are tired. It means the world to all of us here to be able to experience your trip day by day. So glad Bella is attaching to Mommy. Now, since we look alike. What should I wear to the airport so she will get confused and come to me???? (ha ha)
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Mare, Mike & Bella,
Thanks for the update and it was so nice of you to share with us where she was found. We all appreciate the posts and so happy that she is attaching to you. We were just talking about the disposable cameras yesterday and wandered if you got them back. Love and miss you all!
Aunt MeMe

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you are tired but glad that you updated us...We look forward to the updates and love every picture that we get ...Happy that she is bonding with you it's so nice to see that picture...It had to be so very hard to see the tree where she was found but she is in Loving arms now that will keep her safe and loved always...Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Mare, Mike and Bella,
Glad to see that Bella is attaching to you and that you are all doing well. Never imagined that a picture of a tree could mean as much as this picture means to you and all of us. Missed you yesterday and can't wait to see all of you next week so that we will finally be able to meet Bella. Also interested to see what these shoes are that you are talking about. See you later Love Aunt Annie

Anonymous said...

another great video!
The tree can represent so many things; among them....strength and life....both of those are definitely a representation of Bella and you two, her wonderful parents! I believe all things have played out exactly as they were meant to be...the tree was obviously a 'safe' spot for Bella, strong and shielding...just as you, her parents, will now be for her. She has truly been watched over and protected until she could be safe in your arms.
Bella is one special little girl!
A few more days and you will be on your way home!
Have fun at Disney!
Love ya, Sue & Mike

Layla LOVES watching the videos!!

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

My daughter Natalie is from Guigang SWI. I could tell this was the orphanage your Bella was from at the time you shared your referral pictures of Bella (same backgrounds in the referral pictures). Also, my daughter looks a lot like your daughter (especially her eyes). We too were incredibly sad at seeing our daughters finding place and have made the decision not to share this with anyone else except our daughter. I can relate to how the tree you showed in the pictures made you feel. The importnat thing is that Bella has now joined your family and you have been united with her. In my opinion, Guigang girls are gentle and loving, but have a lot of spirit.
Congratulations. Have a safe trip.
CTG from RQ

Jennifer said...

Well, the picture of the tree made me cry ... although it doesn't take much these days. I'm so hoping to be able to visit our daughter's finding spot when we go. I think this is something our little ones will one day appreciate knowing about (and seeing photos of). I pray you continue to stay safe and healthy and enjoy the rest of your trip. Looking forward to your next post already!

 
design by suckmylolly.com