Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Why the music???

So, I had someone write me and tell me if I don't take the music off my blog they won't we able to come and read how the adoption is going because it messes up their multimedia stuff on their computer?? Yeah, not kidding....

Anyway, so I thought I would post why I put the music on my web site to begin with.

I think most of you who know me know how hard the last year has been. I really feel both Mike and I have changed considerably since starting this process. We use to be a lot more care-free than we are now. It use to be much easier to bring a smile to our faces than it is these days. Things that use to not bother us drive us considerably crazy, and the in justice in the world when it comes to children and parents treatment of their children just make us plain mad. Trust me.....there have been a lot of "why them and not us???"

I think you can tell when you talk to us about our adoption the toll it has taken. There just really doesn't seem that much to get excited about when everything is so unknown. We have no place to turn when we get down. We get tired of burdening our family and friends with all of these unknowns. Our agency doesn't ever know anything. So we have to rely on RQ and other rumor sources to find any kind of information on what the heck is going on. In the past year, almost all of the rumors have pretty much dried up. We now don't really know anything in advance until referrals are sent out. How would you like to live your life in the unknown???

Anyway, back to the music....our one saving grace during this whole entire process has been music. We listen to it often. We have special songs that mean special things to us. When we hear these songs we believe that there is a connection between us and our Bella. I will sit in my car and let a song play out if it is one of our "chosen" songs and often times a particular song brings tears to my eyes just hearing it play. Silly as it sounds this really happens.

One of the songs that has the most meaning to us is Tom Petty's "The Waiting". You will notice that this song plays first when the blog opens. It is first for a reason. We even bought tickets to the Tom Petty concert in hopes that it will be played. This song is attached to our case workers phone numbers so when she calls I will know it is "the call!!". And yes, I have already warned my case worker of this so when I answer the phone crying she is not concerned. Anyway, this song is and has been important to us since we have started this adoption; therefore, it is only right that it should play when our blog opens up because it is as if this song is now a part of our family--a part of our soul!

Yesterday, coming back from lunch "Brown Eyed Girl" was playing on the radio. This is also one of my selections. When I heard this song all I could think about was how some wonderful person at the CCAA could be matching our file folder right that minute to our Isabella. Maybe this is God's way of letting me know that important work is going on and not to give up!! I feel as if he is speaking to me personally, "Keep your chin up, Mare. Your adoption WILL happen!!"

As you can see...music is a very powerful source in our journey. So I am very sorry to the person who doesn't like my music. It brings a smile to my face everytime I hear it. And after all, this is my blog and I chose for the music to play until we bring Isabella home. I am very sorry you won't be able to join us for our journey.

Because trust me...after waiting almost 3 years for this child....and traveling the world to meet her...it will be worth the read!!!!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Awesome post Mare. What an incredible connection. I will always be here reading and listening. ;)

Anonymous said...

We as a whole family love music and Bella will most certainlly be a Def Leppard fan so I am personally very happy to see that some "Joe" is included. I love the music!! It is a great addition!I had a tear in my eye when Tom Petty started singing! It's great Mare!
Love
Aunt Lisa

Nana said...

They say that music soothes the soul! Considering how long you’ve waited, I say you and Mike's souls need some soothing, so I say keep up the music! Love, KO

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Music is special to our family too. There's a Bjork song you should hear if you haven't already. I reckon it was written for waiting parents. Here's an excerpt:

I miss you
but i haven't met you yet
so special
but it hasn't happened yet
you're gorgeous
but I haven't met you yet
I remember
but it hasn't happened yet.....

and it goes on.

Wendy in Australia
DH Mark
DD Kelli
DD/DS ?? LID 1/17/06

 
design by suckmylolly.com