When we got the translation back for Bella's paperwork, the meaning of her name was left off the translation.
So I emailed my case worker to see if she could contact our agency for the translation so we could finally decide a name for this kid.
Well, I get an email back today that they COULD NOT translate her name? I'm like, "WHAT???" Their advice was that I google it( already done, can't find it and my Master's degree speciality was in online information retrieval so I know what I am doing), post to a web forum, or better yet, have my Chinese instructor translate it for me.
Yeah, can you believe this crap??? Anyway, so I emailed my agency today and asked for a partial refund for the translation since I only got a partial translation.
Can you believe this is one of the most reputable agencies out there? Yeah, me either!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's wild! I can't believe that they actually told you to Google it.
Hope you get some $$ back. If not maybe they'll suggest to check the cushions for loose change in the sofa in their waiting room.
That makes no sence. I believe someone traslated my sister's name, and her name is Jiang Yi Rui! At this point, all I remember is Rui is luck, and that does not help you any. I'm sorry about that, hopefully, someone else can help you out.
Hi there, I have been following your blog for some time. I was able to find out the meaning of your daughters name on the following website. http://www.20000-names.com/male_chinese_names.htm
Jiang - Means Yangtzee River (it is probably her surname), Yi - means firm and resolute, Dong - means east or river. That's what I could find.
Congratulations on your daughter! You have waited a long time!
Jane
E-mail your information to Di...He did a great job of translating bailee's stuff. terri
Post a Comment