Jiang Yi Dong
If you translate it literally, her last name “Jiang” means “River”.
The character “Yi” means “to lean on”. And the character “Dong”
means “pillar, or beam”. So her given name literally means “leaning on a beam”. While it doesn’t make much sense in English, but I from what I have come across, lots of those girls were abandoned and had a rough early life. The caretakers usually give them names that imply that they will live a stable, peaceful life from now on. So “leaning on a beam” might imply that she will have someone stable to lean upon in her life.
Also from what I have heard, the last name of the baby could well be the last name of the head of SWI or the nanny. Jiang is a very common last name.
After I read his interpretation of what her name meant, I cried! Tears of joy!!
I am so thankful to the person who saw this little, tiny, innocent abandoned baby and gave her a name of such hope and courage!
My fondest wish is that Mike and I and all of our family and friends for that matter will be the pillar our little Bella can lean upon! With having such a rough beginning...she deserved nothing but the best life has to offer!!!
Once again Thank you Di for the translation....we still haven't come up with a final name yet. But are leaning toward Isabella Rose Yi-dong.

4 comments:
THANK YOU DI..YOU ARE WONDERFUL.....
Our Bella will have more people to lean on forever. With so many people who love her already and all her grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends, she is already in our hearts forever.
we will be her pillar in the flow of the river of life.
LOVE,GRAMMY PAULA
YiDong is perfect for a middle name. We did the same thing with our daughter, keeping her two names. We can't pronounce them though. YiDong is very easy to pronounce and sounds lovely. Congratulations.
We kept Bailee's name as well. Fu Yun means blessing cloud and their wish for her was that she be as pure as a white cloud. That was so beautiful to us and we wanted her to keep her name and not be disappointed in her teenage years. There are days that Bailee wants to be referred to as "Bailee Kay FuYun Blessing Cloud Davis" lol
Terri
Bella Rose YiDong would be a beautiful name. For what it's worth Mikaylin loves the fact that we kept her Chinese name for her. At the age of 6 she began wishing she could know her "real" name. When reminded it was Wen Xiu and that it was her middle name she corrected me and said she meant the name her birthparents called her. She loves her Chinese name and while it's not the name her birthparents gave her I think it has been an important link for her. Good luck with your decision. Whatever you decide Isabella is one very blessed baby and you are two very blessed parents for having found one another!
Post a Comment