Sooo...I have had a few days to simmer down and regain a little emotional control. Am I still upset about the two day's worth of LIDs? You bet!! But, really, how am I suppose to feel after that?????
It is funny because it seems that none of the agencies have any idea why only two days were done?? A friend of mine who used a different agency than us said her coordinator got 2 conformation that referrals were suppost to go to the 30th. Why they didn't?? Her coorinator didn't have a clue!
We got no explaination what so ever from our agency. All we got was the same ol' same ol' form letter....referrals were for Oct. 25 &26 (blah...blah...blah....) What really grips me is in this letter they state something to the extent of..."our program contines to grow and grow just like our time frames" Now I ask you...if they know that time frames continue to grow how can they responsibly continue sending in dossiers when the time frame is fast approaching 2-3 years? I just don't understand it. I also feel very bad for those poor adoptive parents to be who have no idea how out of control this whole program is becoming. I think it use to be a stable program but really with talk of time periods up to 3 years....how can it be considered stable any longer??
Oh, and before I forget we were also sent a letter that stated if we were to become pregnant or would be lucky enough to find another child to adopt in the mean time our application with the CCAA would be pulled by our agency and the CCAA for atleast 6 months, and then if we went to reinstate it at a later time (of course, I am sure there is an extra fee involved in that) it would have to go through the review process all over again. Of course, this would require us, to now, comply with the new regulations that will be set forth on May 1, 2007.
So I guess I don't have to be concerned with us being able to adopt another baby before Bella gets here regardless if our doctor finds us one or not!!!!
But don't forget folks that we are told by our agency to continue to live our lives and be grateful for our many blessing and we will have our child in God's perfect timing.....but that is as long as it doesn't include getting pregnant or finding another child to adopt or having to spent our hard earned savings on reappling for government documents that are expiring because this is taking so darn long. There is a smile on my face as I say this...(can you tell how forced it is???)
As you can tell, my positive attitude about this process has now flown over the coo coo's nest. Yes, I sound very angry and jaded but how is one suppose to feel when they are 5 days away from being 15 months LID and have no reason to believe we will see our referral before the end of this year????
Oh, and to top it all off, if we don't get our referral and travel before the end of this year.....guess who won't be going to Disney World with the family in 2008....any guesses??? any guesses?????
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I cannot tell you how sorry I am that this is happening Mare. Vent away-thinking of you.
Post a Comment