Tuesday, April 17, 2007

15 Months LID today, but really doesn't seem that important....

We are 15 months LID today, but to tell you the truth after seeing all that has gone on with Virginia Tech over the past 24 hours.....it really doesn't seem that important. I was planning on having this big "Pitty Party" for myself today, but when I look at what life has given me.....good health, intelligence, a secure income, more than enough food to eat, a beautiful home, the best husband in the world, and the best family and friend's any girl come ask for.....how can I be sooo sad when I do know eventually we will have our daughter?

When I think about what is/will be going on at college campuses today, it just really makes me sad and angry.

I have never been to Virginia Tech but have drove by it plenty of times on the way to Mike's dad and mom's house, but I can just imagine how those students are feeling right now. Having lived on a college campus, I can reflect back on my days at ol' MC and could just imagined this happening at our school. I now see why school officials got so upset when the all boy's dorm decided to do a "pantie raid" on the all girls dorm (my dorm---but don't worry, we were pre-warned and all our panties were safe!!) But, it is even hard for me to contemplate this.....how much does your life have to suck to do something like this??? What right did this gunman have screwing up the lives of the estimated 20,000-something students? What a sad world we live in when you can't even feel safe during what most people consider the best part of their life???

To all those from Virginia Tech and to every student in college as I write this......I am very sorry for your loss of innocence this day....... you will not get to experience the care-free college life that I got to experience..............much like our lives after 9-11, I fear college life will never be the same.....and that is the real tragedy in all of this!!!

No comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com