Okay, I admit it. I have a problem. I hate Cleaning Out my Refrigerator!!!!!
So yesterday at lunch, I got inspired to clean out the fridge since Wednesday is trash day and Mike was making the grilled cheese. So I decided to clean out all the stuff that should have probably been cleaned out right after Christmas. FYI...for all of those who have ate at my house since Christmas...don't worry...that food always gets pushed back far in the fridge and we always use the fresh stuff up first. Anyway, we had this chili that had been in our fridge since Christmas. And it was in a good container so I couldn't throw it away(that would just be wasteful) so I dumped the container containing the chili down the sink into the garbage disposal. I thought I was okay since I rinsed it all down and the disposal ate it like a good little disposal should. So I get home from work(I worked late until 4:30) and in between commercals during the end of Oprah I decide to get the lunch dishes washed so we will have some dishes to eat off of for dinner. So I start the dishwasher. Go listen to Oprah's debate on whether a mother should stay home or work (another topic for another time) and Mike comes in about 5 and tells me the sink is clogged up and water is running out of the sink. So he hurries and takes everything out from under the sink and sops up the water with a towel and takes the first pipe apart and that is when we realize that the chili, and oh, did I mention the dill pickle juice (....and everyone that knows us knows how much Mike loves pickles!!) that I had just dumped down the drain was not just clogging the kitchen drain but had made its way all the way down to the drain in the new spare bedroom down in the basement. Yep, you guessed it, that pipe needed to be cleaned out too. Luckily, my husband is a pro and I don't think the brand-spankin'-new carpet got ruined in the spare bedroom, but the stench from the pipe was soooooooooo bad. I am sooooo glad we put in the new window that actually opened. So I ended up spending 3 hours last night trying to help Mike unclog the stupid chili/dill pickle disaster-plugged-pipes. And the good news, at the end of 3 hours the pipes were successfully unplugged!!!
So the moral of this story, and yes, there is always one.... is..........
Whatever you do don't dump anything that is chunky down the drain. And if you do....and it gets clogged....call a plumber before your husband gets home!!!
So in conclusion, yes....my name is Mare and I need a COF (Cleanning out the Fridge) Anonymous support group and a DEPADTD (Don't Ever Put Anything Down the Drain) group as well!!!!!!! So sign me up and take me to your leader!!!
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OMG! You are hysterical!! I wish we lived closer!!
I had a leak under the kitchen sink last night-disaster!! It will be in the next blog!! LOL
Mare,
Knee how....This is material for the comedy channel. I can tell that my skills for "cooking and cleaning" have paid off...ha...Can't wait for Izzy/Bella to be here.mom
Post a Comment