Wednesday, January 17, 2007

1 Year LID Anniversary


"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break"--An Ancient Chinese Belief

Today is our one year anniversary of having our paperwork Logged Into China(LID). Today I feel both happy and sad. I feel sad because Isabella should be here with us today. This post should be all about her and not about what I am feeling today. I also feel happy that China is going to give us the greatest gift imaginable. They are giving us the gift of a family. How can I be upset with this long wait when in the end we will get the most treasured gift of our lifetime??

The above quote is used by those families who are adopting children from China. Last night, I went to a bead making workshop at Sandra's shop up in Rochester "Stringing You Along" and made this bracelet. Okay, so it is not a red string, per se, but I made it to represent the red string and how at this minute, I know that Bella is over in China somewhere and I want her to know that her mommy is thinking about her and can't wait until the day she meets her!!!!

We are celebrating this day in honor of Isabella. I believe she is with us in spirit!! We started off by waking up to Tom Petty's "The Waiting" which has been a song that Mike and I chose that sums up what this waiting process has been like. Here are some of the lyrics for those who are not Petty fans.....

Oh baby dont it feel like heaven right now
Dont it feel like somethin from a dream
Yeah Ive never known nothing quite like this
Dont it feel like tonight might never be again
We know better than to try and pretend
Baby no one could have ever told me bout this

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

Tom Petty did say it right when he said, "the waiting is the hardest part", but we also know that with all this heartache the gift of a lifetime will be at the end!! Everytime we hear it played on our Ipod, or on the radio when we are driving somewhere, it is like God puts that song on to let us know he feels our pain and is telling us to just hold on a little longer because our daughter will be with us soon. This song is and has been a great comfort to us during the last few months.
We are planning to finish up our day by going out to dinner tonight, Chinese of course, and our spoiled daughter will probably end up with a new toy or something for her room. Tell me that our child is not spoiled when everytime I go to the store she ends up getting something and the worst part is she is not even here yet!!! Just shows you I am in big trouble already!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Love the bracelet and what a perfect day for your one year LID anniversary.
(That baby will have everything under the sun!!) Have fun with every purchase!

Anonymous said...

Izzy will have the best jewelery ever. Mom made...I had such a great time watching you make it...This is one loved baby girl..my gran babygirl....oh that sounds good...

 
design by suckmylolly.com