You have never heard anything funnier in your life than a Hoosier trying to speak Chinese!!!!
Mike and I started our Chinese classes on Saturday. We both had a fabulous time. Not really learning the Chinese but in watching all the girls running around the room. There were 10-15 girls present from ages 2-10(?). They were all so beautiful and full of life. It really made me sad to think of what these girls' life would have been like if they had remained at the orphange.
In our Chinese class, we learned how to say hello (Ni Hao) which is pronounced Knee-How and learned our numbers from 1-10 and our colors....of course, I think for my purposes, I only need to learn the colors pink and purple for when I go shopping. I wonder how you say "faux fur" in Chinese. I may have to ask next class!!!
Monday, January 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Grammy welcomes Lizzy and her mom and dad. I can't wait until she's here. I am so proud of you. love, mom
You are too funny!! Best of luck in class! We learned from software. (mostly mandarin and Alena is from the cantonese area!!) Great job on the blog~looking forward to following your journey and seeing more pics!
I think we all ought to mail cnn and let them know what journey we have been on through this adoption with Mare and Mike. Maybe they would really understand how outside appearances aren't why people adopt,it hasn't anything to do with brains, it's because we have so much love to share with kids, that our love for them overrides anything else.
You can see that Paula Zahn doesn't have that kind of love in her life or she wouldn't have made the comments she did.
SAY NO TO WATHCING PAULA ZAHN......
SAY YES TO GRANDCHILDREN AND PARENTS LOVE....MOM
Post a Comment