Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Adoption anxiety????

I had a dream last night......

We were in Indianapolis for something. For what is anyone's guess? So anyway, we are an hour late getting to our adoption agency to pick up our referral picture and information. I was sitting in the back seat of the Durango by myself. Mike was driving. (This is where you can tell it was a dream???) And we have all of our adoption stuff in this Mickey Mouse bag, but the important paperwork is in this blue multi-folder within the Mickey bag.

So I am sitting in the back of the car. Going through each paper trying to find our case worker's phone number so I can call her and tell her we are running late and not to leave the office.

All I can think of is, "We will be there!" "Don't leave!!" "We have waited so long. I want to see the picture of my baby!!!"

As you can imagine papers are flying everywhere....and I am searching...and searching...and searching for her phone number and can't find it........and then I wake up!

This morning I tell Mike about my dream and he says in his very calm voice yet sleepy voice, "honey, isn't all of Susan's number's in your cell phone." Boy o' boy, what would I do without him?? All of those numbers are in my cell phone. Yeah, me!!! Yeah, him for reminding me!!! Yeah, cell phones with memory!!!!

And then he says in his very sleepy voice, "honey, don't worry it was a dream. Besides, you know it was a dream because in reality your cell phone battery would have been dead and that is why you wouldn't be able to reach her!!" (anyone that know me knows that my cell phone is never charged!!!) ha...ha...haa.....by the way, have I metioned that my husband is a very funny man!!!!! (and obviously knows me a little too well!!)

So, anyway, what do you think??? Adoption anxiety??? Maybe the end is finally near!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll keep you phone charged now kiddo...
That was quite a dream considering you are ususally so organized. It might be a sign. love, mom

 
design by suckmylolly.com