Monday, June 18, 2007

Water!!

Water is an essential for living. We, here in the US, take for granted that having safe, clean drinking water isn't a novelity but the right of every citizen. But, when you travel outside the US, you soon realize that clean water is a definite luxury...and not a right. I will never forget being in Fez, Morocco and turning on the water faucet and what came out looked like chocolate milk, not water. It was gross!!! I won't even wash my hair in it....yet, this was the water that the families in this area was drinking. Can you imagine giving your baby water that looks like chocolate milk??


Well, a group of workers are trying to help out orphanges in China by putting water filtration systems in at various social welfare institues in China. If you get a chance look at this web site. I think these people are doing a fabulous job. If I ever become indepentantly wealthy, I could see this becoming a cause I would join. http://www.a-childs-right.org/


Now, if you want to see something cool. Take a look at these pictures. These pictures were taken by the group who is putting in the water filtration systems. Even though the water filtration systems are very impressive, the important thing to look at is the orphanges that are respresented. Most of these orphanges are orphanges that our agency get children from. Look at the faces of those beautiful children in the picutres. It is my hope that all the children present are in the CCAA's system and will soon be finding families. I just keep looking at all of these children that Bella's brother or sister or cousin could be sitting in one of those walkers. Pretty amazing if you ask me!!

Here is the best URL EVER!!!!

www.a-childs-right.org/projects.html

Just being able to look inside the lives of a child in an institution is a fabulous gift. To think my child maybe living there as I write this is just very emotional and overwhelming for me!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

OMG! I looked at every single picture. That was just amazing. Thank you so much for posting that Mare!! I would love to provide a home and family to more children. Ugh!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com