Yet, as a soon-to-be adoptive parent, every time, I joyfully tell someone that we are in the process of adopting, and also adopting from China, why do I always have to explain our motives--"Why are you adopting?", "Why from China?", or my favorite "Why don't you adopt a child here in the US"?
Just for the record.....Our motives are simple....we want a child to love and China has plenty of children that are in need of a good family. And China is where our daughter is. It is as simple as that. I just don't understand why this concept is so difficult for some to understand?
Finally, I found this article on one of my boards.....this just says so much about adoption and the unconditional love that an adoptive parent has for their baby. I can't imagine how the mother felt in this article, but I would like to believe that I would not have done anything differently than she.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/13/fashion/13love.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
Also, just wanted to let everyone know that my Mother's Day was not as emotional as I thought it was going to be. I teared up only 3 times...pretty good. Once when "The Waiting" suddenly came on the radio. Also, once when I got a Mother's Day card from Grammie Paula and once when my sissy serenaded me with her hand-drawn picture/card on.... "Why Bella will love her mom (and dad)?". It pretty much said I was "loving", "generous", "thoughtful" and "good at fixing up old houses"--the last one was given by my sister after I got the majority of windows in her house to open finally. I am a window-opening SUPERSTAR!!!!!
The card was soo cute here is a picture of it....

1 comment:
I love the story that you linked. I have to believe that I would not have handled things any differently either. GREAT Mother's Day card in that photo!! So sweet it brought tears to my eyes.
Post a Comment