Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Shopping Queens...literally!!

So last night, Aunt Kristie called and asked if I wanted to go and see if any place around town had any Easter stuff on sale. Since Mike called me 5 minutes earlier and said he was going to be late from work. I thought, "What the heck!" So I went.

I decided before Easter that I was going to buy enough Easter eggs for our annual Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma Donna's and then for one at our house.

I have very found memories when I was a kid that we would hid the eggs all over the house, nothing in them mind you, and go find them. It kept us busy for hours. Plus I have all these great memories of doing it!! I am not too old to admit I still love a good Easter egg hunt and want Bella to have the same type of memories......

So anyway we go shopping...didn't find anything really exciting until the last store we went to.

So we walk into Kmart and right in the front of the store is a rack with kid's clothing on it marked $2.99 on the sign. Now, me being the skeptic I am, I walk on by it thinking that someone put a sign in the wrong place. So, we walk back towards the checkout counter and I decide to ask, "Are these really only $2.99?" and the lady is like, "yep, they will ring up $2.99 even though they were marked $10.99, $8.99, $14.99". So this is when the madness takes hold of me!!!!

I bought Bella a closet full of clothing last night. A whole cartload to be exact. I wish K-mart would have one of those, "you purchased this amount and saved this amount" because I know I saved probably $400. Talk about a great deal!!!

I purchased 10 baby outfits, 3 or 4 spring/full jackets, 6 pair of winter pj's with the feet, and 4 pair of fall/spring pj's with the optional feet/cuff at the bottom, a birthday gift for Michael, 2 long sleeve t-shirts for Mike, birthday gift for Emi Sue Sue, Leann, and Michael David, (all for $2.99 mind you)and still had enough money to buy myself 3 complete hat and scarf sets (only 99 cents each)since each winter I have to purchase new ones because I lost the one's from the previous year, and to top it off I got some really cool Easter stuff that was marked down to 50% off for next year.

I am not even going to document the loot that Aunt Kristie bought for Bella, but I can say this for a fact. This child is going to be one little "fashionista" with her pink leopard print pants and coordinating top!! MEOW!!! (and you will understand this more when you see the outfits!!)

If it was exhausting reading the above.....you should have seen our carts at check out. Let's just say we had to get two carts to separate all the loot we found. And boy, you should have heard us complain how tired we were when we got back to the car!! But being the professional shoppers we are....we pushed through the pain and made Mike take us out for Pizza since we were too tired to cook after shopping!!! It was a win/win situation all around!!!

No comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com