So today marks the anniversary of the day Elvis died. Ask me how I know it????
Today is my brothers birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICK!!! Anyway, I will always remember when mom was pregnant with Michael. I was 7 years old. I remember all mom kept saying was that she WAS NOT going to have that baby on the day Elvis' died. Elvis dying was one of the first events I remember from my childhood. Of course, it probably had something to do with mom crying and blubbering. Did I mention that my mom was a huge Elvis fan?? She even got to see one of his last performances here in Indianapolis!! So two years later....my brother is due and mom is like, "I not having my baby on the day Elvis died!!" Well, anyone that knows my brother knows he has a mind of his own and even Elvis isn't going to stop him from making an appearance!!!
So every time August 16 rolls around I always think of my baby brother.....and I still wonder to this day if mom really ever forgave him for being born on the Day the Music Died!!!! LOL!!!! Of course, she would never admit this because she is a good mom after all, but we all secretly know it!!! LOL!!!!
Of course, I am pretty sure that I ruined her Christmas the year I was born seeing as how I had to make an appearance on Christmas Eve to be sure I would get some excellent Christmas gifts (poor mom in the hospital over Christmas). What can I say...even then I loved Christmas, I love gifts, and I love Santa and was not going to miss it for anything!!!! LOL!!!!
So this is just the sacrifices a mother makes for her children....wonder what day Isabella will be born or when will she finally make her appearance???? I hope there is a fun story to go along with her special days!!
PS...for all of those that emailed me about my last post....Mike fixed my car and we had it aligned last week...well, the place that aligned it did not tighten something down and my alignment was all out of wack. Mike's dad and brother were trying to help diagnosis the problem via phone from Virginia. I could not get the pictures to send via email so I put them up on the ol' blog. You have to admit....they did cause you to wonder?????
Anyway, my car is fixed and a big Thank You and kudos to all those that helped...
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes I still cry and watch the Elvis bio's every year. And all you kids have way toooo much of your own minds...Have you forgotten that mom is always right?I hope you all learn soon, it's hard to be so right all of the time. haaaaa...by the way are you making "fun" of this ole woman???? Remember you have a birthday coming up...mmmmmmmmmm..love, mom
Post a Comment