Wednesday, July 11, 2007

2 years ago today

On July 11, 2005...was the day our adoption plan was put into motion. We had been thinking about adoption for awhile and had even went to an International Adoption Meeting prior to this date to see what it was all about, but we made the final decision to adopt while we were on our trip to Las Vegas. We really talked about it and hashed out all the details.

Who would have thought then that after 2 years we would still be waiting? I even had someone ask me about the baby this morning at work. I just respond now, "She will be here....we just have to be patient!" The person said, "you must have a lot of patience than". This just made me giggle....anyone that knows me knows I have no patience what-so-ever. If I want something, I find a way to make it happen. I might have to be creative, but I can get it done!! Which is why I find this wait so tedious and uncalled for. I guess if I knew all the orphans in China now had homes. I would go looking for another venue to adopt from, but when thousand still don't have families. Yet, it is being estimated that referrals could take up to 2-5 years in the near future for people to adopt from China. I just don't understand this wait!!!

If you think about it....under the way that China use to run its program....I would have been home with my first daughter from China for a year and We would probably have already submitted our paperwork for our second daughter from China. Probably this month. I just feel those who are suppost to care about us and our adoption....our agency and the CCAA have abandoned us. Our agency for their lack of communication and concern, and the CCAA for this long, never ending wait.

So Happy 2 Year Anniversary of starting the paperwork for our adoption to me today. It had been a very long, bumpy road full of happiness, joy, pain, and sorrow, but I do know in the end that it will all be worth it. Do I ever think I will forget the pain and sorrow of this wait? No way! But, I know the first time I hold that baby in my arms it will all be worth it. Because She will be worth it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mare,
Just know you and Bella are loved already by so much family. She is one lucky little girl who has so many people waiting for her to come. We are all feeling as you do and want her home soon. She and her famiy are being prayed for this very minute and our prayers will be answered soon. love, mom

 
design by suckmylolly.com