The last few weeks have really been interesting at my house....first of all, Delaney's ear surgery is/was a success. She is already talking so much better. Between the ear tubes and her speech therapy....the words are pouring out!
Should I also mention that when Delaney woke up a few mornings ago (in a really good mood I might add) she was pretending to be a kitty cat! She thought she was the most clever person ever to me "meowing" like a kitty. It would have been the cutest thing EVER if it hadn't been at 5 am!! Still pretty cute....but 5 am is a little early to have Laney Kitty awake!
Next, we have been having some really interesting discussions in our house. My sister is in the process of adopting two children thru the foster care system. Their adoption papers have been signed and they are waiting on the court stuff....well, the other night I was talking with Bella about how they are going to be adopted and she says, "I wish I were adopted"!!
Okay...so first, I stopped myself from laughing hysterically. She was soooo serious. I then went on to explain that she was adopted. We went to China to adopt her because she didn't have a family and she needed one......and then we talked about us going to China to adopt Delaney....how Delaney didn't have a family and needed one. We also talked about how her China friends needed families and were adopted by their mommy's and daddy's.
She seemed fine with the answers I gave her. I am waiting for more questions but right now I think she is good. Hopefully, I will be able to give her the answers she desires as she gets older but it is amazing how most of the time I forget she is adopted...she is just so "us" that I forget we were not her first family!
Finally...the kids went on their 1st Easter Egg Hunt of 2012. We only have 2 more public hunts to go too as well as the family hunt at Grandma Donna's. Here are some of the pictures from the first hunt.....
Should I also mention that when Delaney woke up a few mornings ago (in a really good mood I might add) she was pretending to be a kitty cat! She thought she was the most clever person ever to me "meowing" like a kitty. It would have been the cutest thing EVER if it hadn't been at 5 am!! Still pretty cute....but 5 am is a little early to have Laney Kitty awake!
Next, we have been having some really interesting discussions in our house. My sister is in the process of adopting two children thru the foster care system. Their adoption papers have been signed and they are waiting on the court stuff....well, the other night I was talking with Bella about how they are going to be adopted and she says, "I wish I were adopted"!!
Okay...so first, I stopped myself from laughing hysterically. She was soooo serious. I then went on to explain that she was adopted. We went to China to adopt her because she didn't have a family and she needed one......and then we talked about us going to China to adopt Delaney....how Delaney didn't have a family and needed one. We also talked about how her China friends needed families and were adopted by their mommy's and daddy's.
She seemed fine with the answers I gave her. I am waiting for more questions but right now I think she is good. Hopefully, I will be able to give her the answers she desires as she gets older but it is amazing how most of the time I forget she is adopted...she is just so "us" that I forget we were not her first family!
Finally...the kids went on their 1st Easter Egg Hunt of 2012. We only have 2 more public hunts to go too as well as the family hunt at Grandma Donna's. Here are some of the pictures from the first hunt.....
The kids are super excited about going on their first hunt of the season
...and Delaney's first Easter Egg Hunt EVER!!! Hey, kido...that is not how you hold your bucket!!
Delaney got some much needed help from momma. I pointed to each egg and she picked them up...
She did pretty good for a kid in her age group...the 0 to 3 year olds.
Daddy went with Bella for the 4-6 year olds.....I even heard that daddy helped get a few out of that big tree.
Looks like Bella got lots of eggs too!
Bella also got "a golden ticket" that was actually pink. She won additional prize of a big fuzzy sheep and a play dough set!! Way to go Bella!
Just love this picture. You can tell what joy Bella gets out of doing something as fun as an Easter Egg Hunt.
And finally the tired parents who helped with the Easter Egg hunt collecting....don't worry...we got our reward!!!
Delaney's hit the jackpot with her candy and got a ton of lil' candy bars which were "donated" to daddy and myself as our own lil' Easter treat!!!

1 comment:
glad to see your updating the blog :) love 'em so much!
aunt kris
Post a Comment