The last 6 months have really flown by. Delaney has attached beautifully and has acclimated into our family seamlessly. It really is amazing how it seems like she has always been with us when in fact she has only been with Mike and I a little over 6 months and not even home 6 months as I write this post.
Delaney is a bright and loving girl. She always has a ready smile for those she loves and is quite a mommas girl. She is also the most stubborn child I have ever met and has definitely knows what she wants!
Since she came home, Delaney has gained 7 lbs (almost 25 lbs.) and has grown 3.5 inches (over 29 inches tall). She came home at 18 months wearing 3-6 month tops and 0-3 month bottoms and I am now proud to say she is wearing 18 month clothes and some of the pants are even starting to look a little short....although, the waist are all too big---adjustable waist pants are our friend!
Her favorite food is ice cream!!! She is a carnivore and loves meat....doesn't so much love veggies....but is just like her daddy and LOVES chocolate!
Delaney has been participating in Occupational Therapy for her hands since October 2011. She has made huge strides and I was told at our last session that it is a good thing she is having her hand surgery soon because she no longer requires weekly sessions...but of course will after her hand surgery.
Delaney is going to start speech therapy soon. Although, she understands everything that is said to her...she still isn't very verbal. Although, every day it seems she gets more and more words. Yesterday, she said the word "sweet"! Thank you Kung Fu Panda!!! I keep saying to myself....she has only been home less than 6 months...give the girl some time.
Surgery update: We have been to the Shriner's Hospital in Chicago. Our next appointment which is in February should be the appointment they schedule her surgery to fix her hand that is "fused" together.
The other big question is how she and Bella are getting along. Bella LOVES being a big sister and having Delaney around. Delaney loves Bella and her first words consisted of mom, dad, dog, and Belle. Don't get me wrong there are times those two like water and fire....but most days...they really do get along so well. I give Bella a lot of credit for being so loving and being such a good sharer.
Well....guess there is nothing else to do but put up some pictures from the last few months....so here you go!

Delaney at her second birthday Party (January 2012) !! She had a great party with lots of friends and family there.

Our first official pictures of the girls. These were taken in September of 2011.
Sister's Always!!! My two love to sit together and often hold hands. They are soo sweet. It always warms my heart to see them when I pick them up at daycare sitting together. They are definitely two peas in a pod!

Delaney's first official school picture. This was actually her 2nd day of daycare and she was not liking being away from momma one bit! I am proud to say she she seems happy to go to school (what we call daycare) each day. I think she loves playing with the other kids and learning new things!
Miss Bella!! Her school picture from this year. She is getting so big and has been such a great big sister!
My New Year's Resolution this year is to try and update my blog at least every month. We will see how I do....



1 comment:
Love Bella and Delaney and so happy that both of them are doing so Great...think every girl should have a sister..Love, Memere
Post a Comment