Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo or aka...Bella's 19 month birthday

My baby is 19 months old today. (sniff...sniff...) She is such a big girl in so many ways but still my baby in many others. I just really, really love this age!!

Bella is talking up a storm now-a-days. She can repeat almost any word spoken to her. Her new thing is to play these books that have music keyboards or play her little kiddie mp3 players and will do the motions to the songs such as row, row, row your boat and head and shoulders, knees and toes. It is very cute to watch and she is also learning the hokey pokey by watching mom's example. Up next for her to learn is the chicken dance and the electric slide and she will be a hit at any wedding we attend!!! lol

Bella is also understanding almost any command we give her. (Even if she doesn't want to follow that command!) She can open a door, close a door, throw away something in the trash, bring me her shoes, and also bring momma her shoes, and she is almost brilliant in her imitation of things. You show her how to do something once and off she goes. She is such a little smarty!

Bella's favorite thing in the world right now is bubbles. In fact, she ask to do this most days before she is even out of her jammies. The other day Miss Ester, her teacher at daycare, said she was having some issues with Bella pushing other kids. When Mike and I got home we had a talk with Bella that it isn't nice to push other kids and no bubbles for the night. Who says you can't teach lessons to 19 months old children!!! The next day I told Miss Ester that we had a talk with Bella about pushing and took away her bubbles. The look on Miss Ester's face was priceless and she asked me, "did she really understand?". And I said, "Bella, did you not get to play with bubbles because you were mean to the other kids." and Bella shook her head yes. Apparently she does understand and has been very good at daycare the last few days with no pushing incidents to speak of. Thank you bubbles!!!!

Here is a picture Aunt Kristie took this weekend of Bella blowing bubbles. The girl LOVES bubbles.



Bella goes for her 18 month check up next week. I know we are a month late, but things came up and I had to postpone her appointment for next week. Here is another picture of Bella that Aunt Kristie took this weekend. Notice all her bottom teeth?



And yes.....Bella's eczema came back over the weekend. We had her face all cleared up for 2 weeks. We thought we were doing so good and then Grandma Paula wasn't thinking and wiped her face off with a wash cloth that wasn't washed in the free and clear laundry soap. It is amazing that something so small can cause such a big reaction in her skin. Poor baby! But, I am happy to report that her face is on the mend and hopefully by the weekend it will be cleared up again.

So what have we been up to since the last post. We have been so busy it is just crazy. We visited Bella's sister from Guigang, Leah, that now lives in Michigan. Leah turned 2 and we were fortunate enough to go to her birthday party. Bella had a great time. Loved playing with Leah and her brother, and mastered the art of using a Chinese yo-yo to boot!

We also helped out our community by painting the picnic tables at softball park a few Saturday's ago. We think it is important to teach Bella early that doing things for others is important and necessary in the community where you live. Although, I must admit she spent most of the morning with Grandma Paula at the other park playing. She was definitely a big help as our little mascot who cheered on the workers by spreading her super-duper cuteness all around!!

Otherwise, our days have been filled with going to the park and just enjoying this unbelievable weather. I love spring. I think it is my most favorite time of year!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy margaritaville!!!
You better get the good bubbles for Bell because she knows the difference between the one that blow bubbles and the ones you just "dump" in the trash....
It's so neat to see her actually blow the bubbles herself. She is so proud of the little things she does.
Bell and mommy took good care of grandma when she came home from the hospital.Maybe she'll be a doctor!!!!who knows????
I hate that I forgot about the washcloth. I am changing laundry detergent as I write.I know it drives Bella nuts when it starts drying up..Poor baby girl...
Will grandma ever learn???
She is growing way to fast. I can't wait for her sister or brother to come.It's an exciting time in our lives....and I love her sooooo much....grandma paula

 
design by suckmylolly.com