Okay, so here goes....
We had a very sad and somber December. In early December we received a call that Mike's brother, Ty, was very ill and in the hospital. We left for Virginia almost immediately to find him very sick and in the ICU. We stayed in Virginia as long as we could but had to come back home due to FMLA at Mike's work not covering a siblings illness. We were only back a few days when we received the call that he had passed away. We returned to Virginia for his funeral. His brother was 40 years old and had way too much life to live to die so young. He will be forever missed.....

Then, the day before we were to leave Virginia to come home after Ty's funeral we learned that my 92 year old Grandmother was very ill and they didn't expect her to live through the night, but she held on until the next day and passed away peacefully during our journey home from Virginia. I will never be able to drive through Charleston, WV with out thinking of Grandma Pauline.......

Grandma Pauline's funeral was on Christmas Eve which also was my 37th birthday. Not the best way to start a birthday.....
I will have to say....that the one bright spot during this whole month of sadness had to be Bella. There is nothing like a 2 year old to make life not seem sooo sad....
Bella attacking Uncle Shawn at her Grandparents house in Virginia.
So on to Christmas......
Prior to all the illness' and funerals', we did manage to squeeze in seeing Santa at the orchid. We had such a good time. Bella just loved, "Ho...ho...ho" as she called him. She had no fear of Santa because she learned that Santa always gives kids candy canes....and Bella LOVES candy canes....
Here are a few pictures from the day....
Looking pretty in Santa's hat!
Bella lovin' Santa. Look at her not only telling Santa what she wanted for Christmas but givin' him a knuckles to seal the deal.
Our family picture with Santa.
Finally, Christmas day arrived and our family went through the motions of Christmas but it was a sad day indeed....
Bella takin' a ride in her new Christmas present that Santa brought her.
Bella wonderin' how she is going to open all those presents???
Mommy and Bella on Christmas morning...opening, opening, opening lots of presents.
Aunt Kristie and Grandma Paula stayed the night and was there when Bella woke up on Christmas morning.
Mommy and Aunt Kristie lookin' foxy in their new cookie makin' hats.
Bella saying, "me help make cookies!"
We have gotten a ton of snow in the last month. Here is a snowman in front of our new home.
December did have some perks.....several families that have adopted daughter's from China have decided to start a playgroup...the first playgroup was at our house and I think the girls really had a great time. I think it is so important for Bella to see that there are other families like her's out there.
Bella holding Mike's bear "Freddy" during the girls' first play date.
Miss Malia (from Wabash) and Bella (of course, givin' a popeye) having a great time running up and down the stairs of our new house.
No problem here.....I have plenty of lap for everyone when it comes to reading a book!! The little cutie on my lap is Caroline....Bella's new friend who lives in Marion.
The girls sharing Bella's toys in her playroom. I love our new house and all the room we have so that I can host this kind of playtime for Bella.
Bella is changing so much I can't get over it. She just doesn't seem like a baby anymore, but a little girl. She definitely has her own mind. She knows what she likes and doesn't like. She has even started getting picky on what she wears!!
My favorite thing Bella like to do is sing. She is such a good little singer. She will sing traditional kid nursery rhymes--like twinkle twinkle little star and loves her ABC's. She will also sing pop songs...she loves, loves, loves Beyonce and Lady GaGa. Never seen anything like it. I have a cute video of her singing that I couldn't get uploaded. Will try tonight.
She also loves musicals. Her two favorite right now are Annie and the Wizard of Oz. She it really cute to see her "skipping" around the house to "We're off to see the Wizard". I have video of this too but it wouldn't up load either....
Our family was so thankful for January to get here. To get the somber month of December out of our way, to start a new year with a fresh new start!!
My favorite thing Bella like to do is sing. She is such a good little singer. She will sing traditional kid nursery rhymes--like twinkle twinkle little star and loves her ABC's. She will also sing pop songs...she loves, loves, loves Beyonce and Lady GaGa. Never seen anything like it. I have a cute video of her singing that I couldn't get uploaded. Will try tonight.
She also loves musicals. Her two favorite right now are Annie and the Wizard of Oz. She it really cute to see her "skipping" around the house to "We're off to see the Wizard". I have video of this too but it wouldn't up load either....
Our family was so thankful for January to get here. To get the somber month of December out of our way, to start a new year with a fresh new start!!





4 comments:
We are all thankful for our Boo, she has make all of our lives so wonderful. Memere and I love to chat about what a miracle she has been for us...We both love her soooo much..We all will miss Ty and grandma..we loved them so much but I know they are watching us from above and laughing when Boo does her popeye..as we all do...Thanks for the update..All the girls are so precious..love, nana
I just read your blog and I am so sorry for your losses. Little ones give us the gift of strength when we must endure hard times. Bella is growing up to be a beautiful, intelligent little girl. She is so precious!!! I just love watching her grow and learn new things! -Beth
watching a child grow is a way to forget the sad events in life ...
I hope this year is a bright one for you all. Bella is such a doll!!
Post a Comment